Macware Releases DiskTools Pro 3.5.1
OMAHA, NE - October 27, 2009 - Macware, a leading Mac software publisher, announced today version 3.5.1 of DiskTools Pro is now available as a free update to users of its popular Mac utility suite software. The new version supports Mac OS X 10.3.9 and later, including Apple's new Snow Leopard. Current users can update DiskTools Pro by selecting "Check for Updates Now." in the Update menu.
DiskTools Pro is a total system utility for the Mac, and the only one that allows you to schedule when to perform important tasks such as file defragmentation, backup and bad sector repair in a single, easy-to-use interface. This intuitive software utility also doesn't require you to boot from a DVD, CD or separate volume in order to find and repair bad sectors, defragment files and perform many other tasks on the startup volume.
The new DiskTools Pro update features:
- Snow Leopard support
- New animated, multi-view task selection interface
- Ability to schedule important folder backups
- Monitor and alert when available hard disk space becomes low
- New CPU monitoring meter to show you how much of your system resources are being used
- Ability to export repair and maintenance logs and Volume/Device information to RTF compatible text files
- New application preferences which include an emphasis on MacBook battery usage protection
- Significantly reduced memory and CPU usage on many built-in tasks
- An updated Users Guide
- Many other minor improvements throughout
DiskTools Pro is now available in Apple retail stores, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples, Fry's Electronics, Micro Center and other Mac software retailers, or online for an MSRP of $79.99. More information is available on the Macware website at:
About Macware, Inc.
Macware develops and publishes award winning intuitive software designed for Mac users. Headquartered in Omaha, the company is committed to the interests of creative Mac users with products available through major retailers in North America, Australia, Europe, the United Kingdom and Japan, as well as on the Internet.
For additional information please visit our website at http://www.macwareinc.com.
Macware is a registered trademark of Macware, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.