Q. What format are the fonts in?
A. The fonts are in TrueType® format for Macintosh®
Q. How do I install the fonts in my applications?
A. We have included a simple FontManager to manage the fonts included on the MacFonts disc. For advanced users you will need to use a more robust font manager such as Suitcase.
To install the fonts on Mac OS X follow these simple steps.
1. Once the CD is in the drive and on your desktop, launch the welcome window by double-clicking on the Macware Fonts CD icon.
2. Run the included FontManager by clicking on the icon on the left side (it says "click here to start").
3. This will launch the FontManager. Now you will see two windows. The left window shows you the Fonts on the MacFonts disc. The right Window shows you the Fonts that are already installed on your system.
4. From the left window, find a font that you would like to install and click on either the "Install Permanently" or "Activate Temporarily" buttons.
Install Permanently will keep the font installed even after a system restart.
Activate Temporarily will allow the font to be installed until the next system restart.
5. That's it! Depending on which button you click the font will either be installed you're your applications permanently or temporarily.
Q. How do I install ALL the fonts on my computer at once?
A. If you would prefer not to keep the MacFonts disc in your drive each time you want to install a font, then you can copy the whole font folder to a location on your hard disc and use another Font Manager to manage the fonts.
You should choose this method if you are interested in installing large amounts of fonts in one click.
Q. Are these royalty free fonts I can use commercially?
A. No, MacFonts is only for personal use and cannot be used on any project you make a profit on (advertisements, websites, books and magazines that are sold, etc.). You can use these fonts on personal projects like presentations, scrapbooks, greeting cards, personal or business newsletters, letters and more.